^ (one of my drawings and sample)
From my research, I really wanted to include sensory, touchy-feely items. So I hit some crafty shops and bought loads of random things that would create a sensory feel. This included foam-clay, loom bands, various different foam pieces, a jiggly spider and a bunch of embroidery tools to start experimenting. I also got some of these cute little baby hair bobbles, which I thought could look really cool on samples.
I began to do some painting's in response to some of my artist research, but I preferred more of a cut-out & drawing type of media. I did however develop some of my sensory idea's and started painting with spaghetti.
After having a tutorial with Jenny, we decided that the spaghetti experiments weren't really strong enough and she preferred my previous work, my drawings and cut out's inspired by Henry Matisse, Amelia Vivash and Matty Bovan.
^ Research on Amelia Vivash, with some drawings in response.
^ Research on Matty Bovan, with response drawings and a sample.
Some of my own drawings, with relevant samples. I used foam pieces, embroidery threads and I cut up the squishy spider and sewn that on also. I really love the pattern and texture of these samples.
^ Some of the sample's (in process) that I've created this week. I feel like I really took Jenny's feedback and decided to follow my research further into my samples. I still want to keep the sensory theme, but I think I can still project this via the materials I use. (e.g, the squishy spider) I've been using foam, felt, and alot of embroidery, to create texture. I feel I could develop this further by possibly using yarns, or including some knit work.
I have been continuing to draw more and create samples that reflect my drawings, which I will show more about about in my next post.
We also finished our 'childrenswear' moodboard as a group. However, we still need to work on a colour theme together so our final look will all fit cohesively together.